Saturday, October 31, 2009

Today I went to a Children's Consignment Store to look for a jacket for Sadie. They had just put out all of their Christmas stuff and I found this cute Christmas dress in sizes for Sadie and Claire! It was so fun to buy two of the same thing and even better that it was just $10 for both.

I'm really starting to get excited about having another baby in the house and Claire completing our family. Since I found out I was pregnant I have been a little (ok, a lot) nervous about having two children to take care. The questions just run through my head like, "I already feel like we are so busy, how will we ever take care of 2?" "How am I going to get out the door in morning?" and many, many others. My prayer has been since that I will know that I am ready and prepared by the time Claire gets here. Well, earlier this week, those questions started coming back and I just prayed that I would be prepared and confident. Well, I know there are a lot of different opinions about how God speaks and when he speaks and I definitley don't have all the answers to those questions, but when I prayed the same prayer I had been praying for 8 months, I had a very calming feeling and the thought that, "I am ready and prepared" and now I just know that I am prepared and ready to be a mom to Sadie and Claire and a wife to Gabe. I don't know what all that means and I know it's not going to be easy, but I know that I am not really in charge of it all anyway and I am just following His leading. I have some great people in my life that I am learning from all the time about listening for God's voice and following his lead. I am so grateful for them and for what God has taught me so far through them. I can't wait to meet our sweet Claire and to see both of our girls in matching dresses!

1 comment:

Angie said...

Christy, thank you for writing this. I constantly question and worry and I feel like other moms don't. They have it all under control and I must be missing something. So, if nothing else, knowing that a together, organized, working, and wonderful woman like you feels this way make me feel better. So thank you!