Sunday, May 8, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

What a great Mother's Day! I have an awesome family that loves me more than I can believe. I love hearing Sadie say, "Mama, I love you." Sometimes I think she says it when she doesn't have anything else to say because she will say, "Mama?" I say, "Yes" and she pauses and says, "I love you!" Doesn't bother me. I love coming home from work or coming in after being gone and the girls run to me saying, "Mama!" I love their hugs and kisses! I also recognize that our family is as awesome as it is because of my wonderful husband. He really keeps us going. It can get crazy around our house these days with everything we have going on, but he keeps our focus where it needs to be. He did a great job with Mother's day too!

I woke up to flowers on the table and a breakfast casserole. (of course with bacon, which is probably my favorite food.) Sunday is my morning to sleep in (8:00) so that was in his favor too. After church we had a nice lunch and after naps we headed to the store to continue our tradition of planting flowers on Mother's Day. We got enough to plant some around our tree in the backyard and everyone joined in. Each in there own way of course. It was in the 90's today so the girls played in the water for a little while. (That's why they are in swimming suits)






Sadie started out helping to plant the flowers.





And quickly decided she liked holding them for Daddy instead. She said, "Mama, Mama, I can not plant the flowers. I can not get my hands dirty." Such a little girl!

Claire on the other hand was all about the dirt!




And the finished flowers! I just love our little family!








1 comment:

Christie said...

So glad you had a great day!