Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Summer!!!

Wow has summer gone fast. Two weeks from today we are due back at school. I thought this picture was a pretty accurate portrayal of how we feel at the end of most days. We have done lots of fun stuff and lots of crazy stuff to keep two little girls entertained. It has been a great couple of months. Now it's back to school! We do have a few changes for next year. I have just finished my Master's Degree in Educational Leadership from LCU and will be teaching 4th grade next year. (I've taught special ed the last 5 years.) I'm looking forward to the change and hopefully a step in the right direction to get some experience for administration one day. Since I am done with the grad school thing (for a little while anyway) Gabe is now starting. He was a great support for me and now we are switching roles a little. Who knew this was the direction we were going? We're looking forward to seeing what God has in store in the next few years. Our other big change for this year is that both girls will be going to the same daycare! We are super excited about that. I think Sadie has picked up on how excited we are too. Today in the car she said, "Mama, when we go to school, you are going to take Claire and Daddy is going to take me?" I said, "Do you remember that you and Claire go to the same school now?" She said, "Hallelujah!" I said, "I know, say it with me, Hallelujah!"


Here are just a few picures from our last couple of months. I probably say this at the end of every summer, but we are so grateful for the time we have all together during this time of year. I'm sure we spend way too much money and spoil the kids a little, but as we have been saying at our house... "It is summer!"






Claire playing princess. We have played a lot of "princess dancing", "school", and "cooking" in the last couple months.


Sadie helping us cook some brownies.


Watering the flowers.


Pushing the buggy is hard work.


Enjoying a drink at the best little picnic table ever. I highly recommend it!


Enjoying the pool with Les and Jenny.


Dressing up for Church.



Daddy and Sadie at the pool. (Les and Jenny are in background with Claire.)


Hooray for Summer!!!



















3 comments:

Christie said...

There's nothing like summer, is there!!! So glad you had a great one! Wow! 4th grade... I know you will do great!!

Ashley said...

Oh, fourth grade is the best! I spent the first three years with that age!:) They will love you and they are sooo independent!!:)

May God bless this new school year for you and GaBE! You're students will be so thankful to have you both as teachers!

Love you~!

Kann said...

I know what you mean about summer flying by! I can't believe my oldest two will be starting school in 2 weeks. (3rd and 2nd grade!) I'm excited to hear about your teaching year! I would love to have you as a teacher! Hope all is well with you! Maybe some day we will meet up again! -Karole-Ann