Saturday, August 27, 2011

Survival

We have made it through the first week of school and it really was about survival. Gabe and I were both tired and the girls were tired too. They were troopers getting up even earlier than they had been. Sadie started in the preschool class and has told me that she is supposed to raise her hand if she needs to ask her teacher something. She also said something about having a bubble in her mouth and I asked her if her teacher tells her that and she said, "She tells me I need a bubble when I am talking." Is that foreshadowing what is to come...

Anyway, I just wanted to share about our dinner last night. We went eat after I got home to celebrate making it through the first week. By the end of the dinner, Gabe and I were laughing. You would think we hadn't fed the girls all week. They ate...and ate...and ate. Claire kept asking for more and Sadie just kept eating anything that we put on her plate. (They are usually not huge eaters. They eat a decent amount, but last night they both kept eating and eating. We began to question if we had fed them at all during the week. It was pretty funny.

We're hoping we'll be more in a routine next week...and we won't wait until Friday to feed the chilren!

No comments: