Friday, June 12, 2009

Guess What?

Well, we have some news that we are finally sharing. Sadie is going to be a big sister! I really was going to post it a few weeks ago, but life has just been busy and I haven't been feeling the greatest so we have been getting by. Anyway, we are excited to be welcoming a new little one at the end of the year. I went to the doctor today and I am 12 weeks and 1 day. The due date is officially Dec. 24 and we are looking at a repeat C-section the week before. (Dec 18 to be exact) This works out great for me because I can use all of Christmas break for maternity leave. We bought Sadie a book so we could start talking about babies and being a big sister. She likes to read the book so I guess that's a good sign and she has started calling her blankets "babies." I am praying that we will have a healthy, new baby and that God will use the next 6 months to prepare me so that I can be the mother I need to be for 2 children. It's a little scary right now.

I had to get this book because the big sister is pushing the baby in a jogging stroller. Yes, it is English and Spanish. Maybe she'll pick up a little :)

6 comments:

Rachel said...

I found your blog via Ashley's! YAY and Congratulations!!!! I hope you are feeling better! Can't wait to see meet the blessing!

Anonymous said...

Christy!!!!

WOW!!! HOW EXCITING!! I am so thrilled for you guys and can't wait to be happy with you in just two weeks! PRAY THAT MY NERVES MAKE IT! :)
Christie

emily said...

ahhhhhhhhhh! i was hoping that was what the "guess what" title was about!!!! i am so happy for y'all! we will have lots to talk about in nashville!! :)

Ashley said...

congratulations!!!!! So happy for you all!!

Angie said...

I am so glad you finally said something! I have wanted to post something and it's been driving me crazy!

I am so excited for you, Gabe, and Sadie-Love!

Hope to see you soon!

kim said...

Hey Congratulations! I thought that might be it when I saw the title! Can't wait to see you next week!
Kim