Saturday, May 22, 2010

Happy Panty Day!


Sadie has been doing really good at school with going to the potty. They are so awesome there and do a great job potty trainig. (Not so great at home, but we're getting there.) She has been dry during the day so they have been putting her in panties and she has been so excited about it. This past Wednesday before we left for church Sadie said that she wanted to show everyone her panties. She usually has something that she goes into church talking about like her shirt or a boo boo or something. I told her that we don't show our panties and that we should really only talk about panties at home or with Mama and Daddy. Do you think my prompting did any good? Nope! We were walking up the sidewalk and sweet Ms. Marie opened the door for us to hear Sadie running at her saying, "I got panties, I got panties!" I start apologizing and try to tell Sadie that we aren't going to talk about panties, but she was just too excited. She went to just about everyone. She would run up and say, "I got panties" and just about everyone would say, "What?" and she would say again, "I got panties." They would then burst out laughing. She got some comments back like, "I do too." A friend told her, "Happy Panty Day!" and it kind of stuck. Most were just caught off guard until it got around that she was sharing her big news. After my apologizing about ten times I finally stopped. An experienced mom told me to just let her be proud, so I did.

P.S. This is one of those posts I can't wait for her to read when she is anywhere from 16-18 years old!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey - this is just the beginning - My 3's love to show us their Dora panties or Elmo panties.....we always know when they get new ones - they are proud of their panties at 2 & 3 and that is just fine - let them enjoy the simple things! Ms. Kay

emily said...

such a big girl!!! this post made me laugh... these are the things we hope our mommy brains never forget. :) can't wait to see you this summer!!!

Ashley said...

Ha-ha! I can just imagine sweet Sadie running through church telling everyone about her new panties!!:) Thanks for making me smile, Sadie.:)